Request for qualifications: Bookkeeper
The Community Center for Education Results (“CCER”) is seeking the services of an experienced bookkeeper / financial professional (“Bookkeeper”) to support our organization. The commitment will be five to eight hours weekly, depending on deliverables. Duties will be performed in our Beacon Hill, Seattle office. The Bookkeeper can be either an individual contractor or a firm. The position is responsible for performing standard bookkeeping tasks and will be a reliable source of support for CCER’s financial management team.
Examples of regular tasks include:
- Overall responsibility for data entry into QuickBooks accounting system and integrity of accounting system data
- Process invoices and prepare checks for signature and mailing
- Access payroll reports and complete payroll journal entries
- Maintain general ledger
- Reconcile all bank accounts
CCER staffs and supports the regional Road Map Project initiative, which aims to improve education outcomes from early learning through postsecondary success in South King County and South Seattle. At CCER we are committed to creating and maintaining a positive and engaging working environment for all. To fulfill that commitment, we look forward to engaging a Bookkeeper who shares the Road Map Project values.
Qualities that we are looking for in a Bookkeeper include:
- A minimum of five years’ experience working as a full-charge bookkeeper
- Experience working with Washington State nonprofit organizations
- Experience working with diverse teams
- Professional discretion
CCER works to engage with contractors and vendors that are from and / or are reflective of the Road Map Project communities in South King County and South Seattle.
CCER intends this to be a long-term engagement, with the opportunity to refine the relationship based on mutual agreement. We would like the work to begin in December 2019.
If interested in this opportunity, please submit an email with a subject line of “Bookkeeper – Your Name” to email@example.com. Please be sure to include the following qualifications:
- Summary of experience providing Bookkeeper services highlighting any work with nonprofit organizations and with the communities in the Road Map Project region
- Quote for services and availability including a start date
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions will be reviewed on November 12, 2019.
About CCER and the Road Map Project
CCER is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization established in 2010 to staff and support the Road Map Project—a collective impact initiative to improve student achievement from cradle through college and career in seven King County, Washington school districts: Auburn, Federal Way, Highline, Kent, Renton, (South) Seattle, and Tukwila. Through multisector collaboration with hundreds of organizations and individuals, the Road Map Project aims to increase equitable policies and practices in education systems to eliminate opportunity and achievement gaps, and for 70 percent of the region’s youth to earn a college degree or career credential by 2030.