Now hiring: Renton Innovation Zone Partnership Administrative Assistant
The Renton Innovation Zone Partnership is recruiting for an Administrative Assistant with a successful track record supporting executive-level staff, providing operations support, and managing dynamic projects. The Administrative Assistant will join a rapidly growing team in a fast-paced environment and will provide support to the Renton Innovation Zone Partnership’s Founding Director. Through this work, this position will support the execution of the organization’s top priorities and contribute to the effectiveness of the entire RIZP team as it is formed from the ground up. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys problem solving, working in an administrative capacity, and being a member of a busy team in its formative stages.
Who we are
The Renton Innovation Zone Partnership (RIZP) is a place-based collaborative between the Renton School District (RSD), Community Center for Education Results (CCER), and community-based organizations from the Skyway-West Hill and Sunset/Renton Highlands neighborhoods. The focus of this initiative is to improve student performance in four target elementary schools: Lakeridge, Bryn-Mawr, Campbell Hill, and Highlands, with a large majority of these students identifying as students of color.
This vision started in 2011 with RSD making significant investment at Lakeridge Elementary and saw significant progress in student performance. The initiative was expanded to Bryn-Mawr and Campbell Hill in 2016 and Highlands in 2017. As a result, the Renton Innovation Zone Partnership was formed in 2017 and is in its first year of full implementation
Initial funds for Partnership work were provided by the Ballmer Group to CCER, the nonprofit that supports the regional Road Map Project, and which has been supporting the RIZP start-up. In the first year, the RIZ Partnership Steering Committee (PSC) was formed, comprised of community leaders and stakeholders committed to the RIZP’s children and families. The PSC set initial five-year targets and developed an improvement plan with the help of the RIZP Action Teams: Early Learning, Quality Out of School Time, Basic Needs, and Community & Family Engagement. As a result of several successful grant applications, a wide range of new services for children and families now exist in the RIZP target elementary schools and neighborhoods, and expansion efforts will continue under the Partnership’s direction.
- Provide administrative support to the RIZP Founding Director and other RIZP staff to facilitate flow of work with internal staff and external partners, including developing processes and brainstorming solutions.
- Provide document creation support to the Founding Director and other RIZP staff, including drafting, researching, editing, and producing materials such as reports, handouts, graphics, and presentations in coordination with internal staff and external partners.
- Provide administrative support to the PSC and Action Teams including correspondence, invitations, materials, logistics, greeting guests, and processing meeting minutes.
- Support the development and implementation of various projects and initiatives in a collaborative manner for effective internal communications.
- Engage closely with existing teams made up of community members, acting as the representative for the RIZP and building connections across a wide array of stakeholders.
- Provide basic operations and financial support to the Renton Innovation Zone Partnership as it continues to hire more staff and evolves.
- Ability to work evenings or weekends as needed to participate in community or other events.
- Demonstrated personal commitment to anti-racism work, and a detailed understanding of the challenges and barriers faced by communities because of, and not limited to race, ethnicity, class, ability, immigration status, gender and their intersections.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience providing administrative assistance, managing projects and supporting team members in a fast-paced office environment with shifting priorities.
- Strong bookkeeping skills; accounting experience preferred.
- Strong and verifiable computer skills including Microsoft Office 365 suite, IOS operating system, Adobe Acrobat, record-keeping, and digital research.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with diverse, multilingual and/or multicultural stakeholders.
Attributes of a successful candidate
- Close ties to the Renton and Skyway community, and an investment in creating strong partnerships within this geographic area.
- Knowledge of or interest in education issues ranging from early learning through higher education.
- Proactive, deadline-driven self-starter who works well independently and on teams.
- Track record of successfully managing competing priorities using creativity, judgement and discretion.
- The ability to anticipate needs and find creative solutions.
- Ability to be flexible in a dynamic environment where there is a sense of shared leadership and responsibility.
- Ability to attend local out-of-office meetings.
- Multilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. The top six non-English languages spoken within the RIZP geographic region are: Spanish, Vietnamese, Somali, Chinese, Amharic, and Tagalog.
Residents of the neighborhoods served by the RIZ Partnership and diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The RIZP is temporarily located at the CCER offices in the Pacific Tower at 1200 12th Ave. South, Suite 701 Seattle, Wash. 98144. We are currently searching for office space for the RIZP staff, which will be in the Renton/Skyway-West Hill region. This position will require traveling to various meeting locations.
Compensation and benefits
This position will be initially employed through CCER. The salary range for this position is $50,000 to $62,000 annually, depending on experience. Excellent benefits package, including health, vision, dental and life insurance as well as a 401k plan with employer match. CCER is an equal opportunity employer.
Application deadline is 5:00 p.m. Friday, January 25, 2019, but position will remain open until filled.
Subject line: “Administrative Assistant [Your Last Name]”
Body of email: Include where you learned about this position
Attachments: Cover letter and resume or CV