Now hiring: Data Analyst
The Community Center for Education Results (CCER), which supports the Road Map Project initiative is looking for a Data Analyst with strong skills in education data analysis, reporting, and data communication with a desire to support community-driven change. This is a new position within CCER that will focus on supporting improvements in early learning and elementary school education. This Data Analyst is part of the Data & Research Team and will partner closely with the Local Improvement Networks and Community & Family Engagement teams to support their continuous improvement and advocacy efforts. The Data Analyst will also work with other CCER staff, Road Map Project partners, and community groups.
About CCER and the Road Map Project
CCER is a nonprofit organization established in 2010 to staff and support the Road Map Project, a collective impact initiative working to dramatically improve student achievement from cradle through college and career in South Seattle and South King County. Through multisector collaboration with more than 200 organizations and over 2,000 individual partners, the Road Map Project aims to increase equitable policies and practices in education systems to eliminate opportunity and achievement gaps, and for 70 percent of its region’s youth to earn a college or career credential by 2030.
The CCER Data and Research Team currently includes a Data Strategy Director, Research Director, Research Analyst, Data Analyst, and Data Engineer. This team maintains an education data warehouse, conducts analytics, implements mixed-methods research, and examines racial equity in the education system to support continuous improvement for student success. CCER data and research centers the perspectives of impacted communities and communities of color, and provides transparency, accountability, and actionable insights through rigorous methods and accessible tools.
The Data Analyst will support continuous improvement efforts and advocacy in partnership with CCER staff, community members, districts, schools, improvement networks, community-based organizations and other Road Map Project partners. Responsibilities include:
- Consult with external teams and CCER staff on data collection, measure development, and report design
- Work with teams and CCER staff to learn, confirm, and document user requirements
- Rigorously apply an anti-racist lens when planning, producing, and presenting reporting products
- Develop and produce analyses related to tracking racial equity in the education system and student outcomes
- Analyze and interpret data from established data sources
- Collect, clean, analyze, and interpret new data to answer emerging analytic questions
- Provide ongoing analytic and reporting support to continuous improvement initiatives
- Develop and maintain data dictionaries and other data system documentation
- Produce fact sheets, reporting dashboards, analysis files, and community data tools
- Lead production of ad-hoc and ongoing reporting projects
- Help develop automated reporting system designs and automated reports
- Produce and manage data collection and reporting tools in support of continuous improvement
- Communicate findings, methodology, and technical recommendations through written reports and presentations
- Understanding of the challenges and barriers faced by communities around ethnicity, race, class and gender, as well as a commitment to improving outcomes for low-income youth and families
- Strong analytical skills with excellent knowledge of SQL and demonstrated proficiency in querying and manipulating data in relational databases
- Substantive experience in education analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency using Tableau, or similar reporting tool, to connect to database systems and generate visualizations
- Strong data communication, report writing, and presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner for various audiences
- Detail oriented
- Experience managing collaborative projects
- Ability to work as part of a team, including reviewing code written by other team members, documenting methods, and demonstrating flexibility in picking up and sharing workload on a changing portfolio of projects
- Commitment to racial equity and experience working alongside communities of color
- Flexibility and desire to work with a highly dynamic team of individuals with a passion for the Road Map Project’s vision, values, and goals
- Experience with early learning, elementary, and/or middle school data
- Experience conducting literature reviews to inform analytic methodologies
- Proclivity to solve data and technology challenges
- Experience using version control applications (for example, GitHub)
- Bilingual or multilingual
Interested individuals who are representative of–or are from–the Road Map Project region are encouraged to apply.
Our office is located in the Pacific Tower at 1200 12th Avenue South, Suite 701 Seattle, WA 98144. There may be need to travel locally to support meetings and events.
Compensation and benefits
The salary range for this position is $65,000 – $80,000 annually, depending on experience. Excellent benefits package, including health, vision, dental and life insurance as well as a 401k plan with employer match. CCER is an equal opportunity employer.
Preferred application deadline is January 20, but position is open until filled.
- Email: email@example.com
- Subject line: “Data Analyst [Your Last Name]”
- Body of email: Include where you learned about this position
- Attachments: Cover letter and resume
To stay up-to-date on CCER job openings, follow us on LinkedIn.